Looking for something sweet and spicey, a guaranteed people pleaser, that is suitable for vegans? Let us introduce you to these insanely delicious Black Bean Burgers made using Flying Goose’s Sriracha Black Pepper. Packed with nutrients and not compromising on flavour, here’s how you make them…
2. Heat olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add onion. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté 5-7 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Once walnuts are cool, add to a food processor along with the cumin, chilli powder, paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Process until thoroughly combined.
4. In a large bowl, mash beans with a fork leaving about ½ of them whole for texture.
5. To the beans, add the sautéed onions, walnut-spice mixture, cooked rice, Panko breadcrumbs, and Sriracha Black Pepper (if too wet or dry add either more panko or sauce). Mix thoroughly with a spatula or wooden spoon until a mouldable dough forms. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Firmly mould the mixture into 4 patties.
7. Place the burgers on a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate and chill at least 30 minutes to firm up before cooking.
8. When ready to cook, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook burgers 3-4 minutes on each side. Reduce heat slightly if they brown too quickly.
9. Serve with your desired toppings in your buns, make sure to add extra Sriracha Black Pepper (this is a necessity… they are definitely better with more of it!)
½ medium onion (diced)
1 tbsp cumin
½ tbsp chilli powder
½ tbsp paprika
½ tbsp brown sugar
½ tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tin of black beans (rinsed and drained)
140g brown rice
40g Flying Goose Sriracha Black Pepper (plus extra for serving)
20g panko breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
Burger buns of your choice
Toppings of your choice: vegan cheese, pickles, onions, lettuce, tomatoes etc…